Lincolnshire Cycling Holidays
"The area is perfect... flat on one side towards the sea and hilly on the other side to the wolds."
Guest comment, TripAdvisor
With flat coastal land to the east and the beautiful hills of the Lincolnshire Wolds to the west, Brackenborough makes a perfect base for a cycling holiday. Guests have use of our 16 berth secure cycle shed and we provide OS maps as well as a folder of suggested routes, so bring your bike and explore our lovely county!
Recommended Cycle Routes - Shorter
- Cycle the two miles to The Woolpack in Louth which has a beer garden and welcomes children
- Try the 4 mile circuit starting from the Coach House on quiet country roads, passing our woodland
- Our son, Chris, cycles an 8 mile 'time trial' circuit from Brackenborough through Alvingham and Louth. The current record is 28:40!
Recommended Cycle Routes - Longer
- The roads in the Wolds are quiet with few cars but stunning views. Use our OS maps to design a route or look at the Lincolnshire Wolds website.
- The Lindsey Trail is a 69 mile trail through the Lincolnshire Wolds, a few miles from Brackenborough.
- If you prefer a level route head towards the coast - it's 17 miles on quiet back roads to Mablethorpe where you will find ice cream and fish and chips!
As well as providing maps and route suggestions we have a first aid kit and space for drying wet clothes. Recommended pub stops include the Kings Head at Tealby, Royal Oak at Little Cawthorpe and Brackenborough Hotel near Louth which have outdoor seating and serve good food. For information on where to buy picnic items and for further pub recommendations see our 'Food and Drink' page.
We hope to see you soon!