Brackenborough Hall Coach House Holidays makes a perfect base for a cycling holiday and we are proud to have achieved the Cyclists Welcome award. This page highlights the facilities that we offer along with further information for cyclists. Please contact us if you would like to know more!
Facilities and services
- Clothes and footwear can be dried in the central area, the boiler house next to the Hall, or (on request) in the woodchip burner shed.
- There is a 16 berth lockable cycle shed by the car park – please ask us for a key.
- There is a tap on the outside of the woodchip burner shed.
- An emergency cycle repair kit and a first aid kit are available on the shelves in the central area.
- Shopping can be pre-ordered online and delivered by Tesco (Cleethorpes) or Asda (Grimsby).
- The nearest shop is the Spar in Louth, 2 miles away, and is open 7:30am–10pm on weekdays, 8am–10pm on Saturdays and 8:30am–10pm on Sundays.
- There are also two supermarkets in Louth, Co-op and Morrison’s.
- Lincolnshire Wolds Railway has a café and is part of the Cyclists Welcome scheme – telephone 01507 363881.
- Brackenborough Hotel are also part of the Cyclists Welcome scheme and offer restaurant and bar meals.
- The Woolpack in Louth and the New Plough Inn at Covenham are the closest pubs which sell food.
- For local restaurants, try Istanbul, the Tai Pan and the Helal in Louth, the Millhouse at Covenham and the Brackenborough Hotel restaurant, mentioned above.
- See the food and drink folder in the central area for more information.
- We recommend the local food from Louth market (Wednesday, Friday and Saturday) and the numerous butchers, green grocers and speciality food shops in Louth. We use Lakings butchers, The Cheese Shop and McLeods delicatessen.
- Bicycles can be hired locally – please ask us for more information if required.
- Louth Cycle Centre offers repairs, spares and new bikes. They are at Unit 15, Station Estate, Newbridge Hill LN11 0JT – telephone 01507 607447.
- Louth also has banks, cash machines, public telephones, two post offices, post boxes and outdoor equipment shops.
- Maps and cycling/local books are available on the shelves in the central area and in the information folders.
- You can view or download the Lincolnshire Wolds Cycling leaflets online.
- The Cyclists’ Touring Club has a branch at Louth/Grimsby. Contact Group Leader Tim Newbery of 7a Linden Walk, Louth LN11 9HT – telephone 01507 600084.
- Wolds Cycle Tours offers guided off road cycle rides on trails around the Lincolnshire Wolds most weekends and also mid-week evenings in the summer – 01673 838 494.
- For general travel information contact Lincolnshire County Council, telephone 01522 782070, or visit their public transport web pages.
- Buses – the nearest bus stop is in Louth. The bus station is on Church Street. Contact Stagecoach on telephone 08456 050605 (dogs accepted, fare may be payable) or Grayscroft Coaches, telephone 01507 473236.
- A dial-up bus service is available with InterConnect, telephone 0845 234 3344.
- Trains – the nearest railway stations are Grimsby Town, Market Rasen and Lincoln Central. You can telephone National Rail on 08717 818181, or call TrainTracker™ on 0871 200 4950 for the latest information.
- Details of taxi services are available in the central area – a taxi to Louth can cost as little as £4 and some have large people carriers available. Try M Goy’s Taxis (telephone 07840 391730), Streets (telephone 01507 608 036) or Hobson’s Choice (telephone 01507 358327).
- For up-to-date weather forecasts text WEATHER to 81010, telephone 09068 500 413 or visit the BBC Weather website. Alternatively, ask Paul, Barry or Ian who are always aware of the forecast for the farm.
- Local attraction leaflets are available in the central area.
- Louth Tourist Information Centre is in the town hall on Cannon Street (telephone 01507 601111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org). It is open 9am–5pm on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays, 9am–4pm on Wednesdays and, between Easter and the end of October, 10am–4pm on Saturdays.
- The nearest doctors’ surgeries are in Louth. We use Newmarket Medical Practice, telephone 01507 603121.
- The nearest dental practices are in Louth. We use Broadbank Dental Practice, telephone 01507 606506.
- Louth County Hospital is at the far end of High Holme Road, telephone 01507 600100. The accident and emergency unit is well signed at the top.
- There are no all night chemists in Louth but three chemists open late on a rota – ask us for details from the local papers. Boots Pharmacy is on Mercer Row and the other chemists are in Eastgate.
- We provide a telephone in the central area and do not charge for short or local calls.
- There are copies of the Countryside Code in each apartment.