Lincolnshire Walking Holidays
"The local countryside was excellent for walks and Louth, the nearby town is excellent for foodies."
Guest comment, TripAdvisor
Walkers are very welcome at Brackenborough! We are really lucky to be in a fantastic location - you can walk on our farm, in the Lincolnshire Wolds (an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty), along our local canals or explore Lincolnshire's nature reserves or unspoilt natural coast. You'll find OS maps and lots of routes available in the Coach House.
Walking On The Farm
- Follow one of our favourite farm walks from the door - maps provided
- Try our Nature Trail in the paddocks behind the Coach House
- Design your own walk - guests are welcome to roam on our 800 acre farm
Walking From the Coach House
- Walk to Louth by following the 'Green Lane' and turning left
- Walk to nearby Fotherby and on to Fotherby Top. On a clear day you will get gorgeous views of the Wolds in one direction and the coast in the other.
- The Round Louth Walk is a 14 mile walk circling Louth that passes the Coach House. There are also shorter versions!
Walking Further Afield
- The countryside is beautiful around Belchford - suggested routes are available and the Bluebell Inn does very good food!
- Walking around Tealby provides lovely views of the Lincolnshire Wolds - leaflets are available. The Kings Head is recommended for lunch
- Explore the Lincolnshire coast - visit one of our coastal nature reserves or park at Mablethorpe North End for a wide, sandy beach that allows dogs
As well as providing maps and suggested routes we have space to dry clothes and boots, boot scrapers and a first aid kit. For information on where to buy picnic items and for pub and restaurant recommendations see our 'Food and Drink' page.
Walking is one of the best ways to discover Lincolnshire so we hope that you will visit us soon!