Our access statement
We have 3 self-catering apartments in a converted listed Coach House.
National Access Scheme awards
All three of our apartments (Granary, Saddle Room and Stables) have been awarded the ‘hearing impaired level 1 logo’ and are suitable for guests who have a slight hearing difficulty, are deaf, wear a hearing aid or have a hearing impairment.
Our Granary and Stables apartments have been awarded the ‘visually impaired level 1 logo’ and are suitable for guests who have difficulty reading small print, are registered blind, have poor sight or a visual impairment.
Our Stables apartment has been awarded the ‘mobility level 1 (One step ahead) logo’ and is suitable for guests with sufficient mobility to climb a flight of steps but who would benefit from fixtures and fittings to aid balance.
- You can contact us via our website or by phone, fax, letter or email.
- Directions are available for arrival by car. Taxis can be booked from Louth or Grimsby.
- The nearest train stations are Grimsby Town, Market Rasen and Lincoln Central. The nearest bus station is at Louth.
- On arrival at the Coach House, the car park is marked to the right towards the farm yard.
Arrival & car parking facilities
- There is a drop-off point, on hard-standing, for access to our ground floor apartments.
- Ample off-road car parking is available in the car park.
- The car park has a gravel surface, not ideal for wheelchairs or buggies.
Main entrance & reception
- The large main entrance door is open most daylight hours, but closed (not locked) at night.
- There is a brick floor to the entrance/reception area, similar to our downstairs apartments.
- There is emergency lighting in the central area.
- Floors on ground floor are brick, stone or cobbled in the reception and patio areas.
- The surface of the ground floor is not completely level and can be slippery but there are no steps (except for 2 in Saddle Room sitting room and kitchen).
- Granary apartment is carpeted throughout; access is via external stone steps with hand rail to first floor.
- Stables apartment is our most accessible apartment, level throughout (although floors are uneven) with a wet floor shower. It has wheelchair access – minimum door width 740mm.
- There are dimmer switches on the lights in each living area and bedroom.
- We ask that guests refrain from smoking in the apartments.
- All dining chairs are movable and a dining chair with arms is available for each apartment.
- Stables and Saddle Room dining tables fold for flexibility in use of space.
- Washer/driers available in each apartment.
- Linen and towels changed weekly.
- The nearest shops are in Louth, 2 miles away.
- A taxi to Louth can cost as little as £4, and some have large people carriers available. Details of taxi services are available in the central area of the Coach House.
- Table tennis and other games are available.
- A rocking horse and climbing frames are available for children.
- Central area/reception has games, maps, DVDs, videos, books etc.
- Our large garden is available to guests, part of which is suitable for wheelchairs with grass and gravel, mostly level.
- There is a grass tennis court and football goal etc.
- There is an enclosed toddler-proof grassed area for safe children’s play.
- The car park and immediate area around the Coach House are lit all night.
Conference & meeting rooms, banqueting, clubs, entertainment
- Granary apartment is suitable for meetings but there is no wheelchair access.
- All bedrooms are carpeted in Granary, with wooden floors and mats in Stables and Saddle Room.
- There is ample space at end of beds (save for the garden bedroom in Saddle Room), but limited space to either side of the beds on the ground floor.
- There are dimmer switches on the main lights, and in Stables and Saddle Room the bedroom lights are touch-controlled.
Bathroom, shower-room & WC
- Stables has a wet floor shower.
- Saddle Room and Granary have conventional showers and a separate bath.
- A shower stool/chair is available on request.
- Basins and baths all have lever taps.
- There are grab rails for all showers, and by the baths in Stables and Saddle Room.
- A bariatric support and raised toilet seat are available on request.
- All kitchens open plan.
- All apartments have an electric cooker, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher and washer/drier.
- There are lever taps in all kitchens.
- The flooring is brick in Stables, wooden (up 2 steps) in Saddle Room and tiled in Granary.
Grounds and gardens
- Grounds and gardens of Brackenborough Hall are available for guests to enjoy.
- Lawns and gravel are mostly level. The moat surrounds and garden pond are potential hazards.
- There are also walks on the farm, some suitable for wheelchairs and buggies.
- We request that smokers refrain from smoking in apartments.
- Dog bowls are always available.
- Address: Brackenborough Hall Coach House Holidays, Brackenborough, Louth, Lincs LN11 0NS
- Telephone: 01507 603193 (or Paul ’s mobile, 07974 687779)
- Fax: 01507 603193
- Email: paulandflora@BrackenboroughHall.com
- Website: www.BrackenboroughHall.com
- Emergency number: 01507 603193
Last update: 23/02/2011