Lincolnshire Food and Drink
"Louth, the nearby town, is excellent for foodies who enjoy eating traditional produce such as cheeses, pork pies, fresh fish and vegetables."
Guest comment, TripAdvisor
Lincolnshire produces amazing speciality foods. When staying at Brackenborough you can sample them in our nearby cafes, restaurants and pubs, or cook them yourself with ingredients from our local shops, markets and our garden. Select Lincolnshire is a mark of quality Lincolnshire produce - members are shown in bold.
At Brackenborough we offer guests free seasonal fruit and vegetables from our garden, and sell local honey, crisps, eggs, rapeseed oil and apple juice. In Louth you should look out for Lincolnshire plum bread, Lincolnshire sausages, stuffed chine, haslet, pork/game pies, Lincoln Red beef, local cheese, Skidbrooke Cyder, Black Horse and Bateman's beer.
You can pre-order a hamper of local food to enjoy during your stay.
Shops, farm shops and markets
Louth's many independent food shops include:
- Lakings - local meat and Lincolnshire sausages
- The Cheese Shop - a wide selection including local Poacher and Cote Hill
- Stevenson's - Lincolnshire potatoes, vegetables and soft fruit
- Pocklingtons - Lincolnshire plum bread and cakes
- Dales - poultry and game
Visit the market in Louth on Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays, or the Farmers' Market on the 4th Wednesday of each month. There is a farm shop at Ludborough, and Sunnyside Up at Market Rasen or Doddington Hall near Lincoln are worth a trip.
Our favourite restaurants
- The Mill House - high quality gastropub food in Covenham village
- The Greyhound - great food including pizzas and steaks in Louth
- Via Italia - family and group friendly Italian restaurant in Louth
Louth also has good Chinese, Indian, Turkish, Moroccan and Thai restaurants as well as 'Serendipity' at the Priory Hotel and '14 Upgate' which serve high quality tasting menus featuring local produce.
Our favourite pubs
- The Gas Lamp - real ale but no food, dogs welcome
- The Woolpack - Bateman's ales and good local food. Children and dogs welcome.
- The Royal Oak - known as 'The Splash' as you can drive through a ford to get there! Large garden, good food, welcomes children and dogs.
Our favourite take-aways
- Seven - Chinese takeaway on the way into Louth
- Parkinsons Fish and Chips - classic Grimsby fish and chips in Louth
- Helal Tandoori - Indian takeaway in Louth
If you would like to organise a supermarket delivery Tesco, Sainsburys and Asda will all deliver to the Coach House. Please arrange for the delivery to arrive after you do!