Things to Do
"Louth is a great location - we enjoyed great trips out to the coast and Lincoln (who knew it is as impressive as York and Chester?)"
Guest comment, TripAdvisor
At Brackenborough there's lots to do whether you're on the farm, in Louth, at the coast or in the Lincolnshire Wolds. You can look at our dedicated pages for families, walkers, cyclists and pets, or you will find even more ideas in our information folders when you arrive.
- Enjoy the space! You can explore our gardens, including Victorian kitchen garden and spinney (small wood), or make the most of the play area, football goal, lawn tennis court and rope swings
- Enjoy our nature trail and other walks on our farm or visit our cows, calves, tractors and deserted medieval village
- Go fishing at our pond
- Cook some local produce - we provide free seasonal fruit and vegetables from our garden
- Visit St James Church - climb the tower of the tallest medieval parish church spire in England
- Louth has a market every Wednesday, Friday and Saturday and a Farmer's Market on the 4th Wednesday of each month
- Explore Louth's lovely independent food shops
- Learn about local history at Louth Museum - borrow our passes for free entry
- Hubbards Hills is great for picnics and paddling in summer, or walks and the cafe in winter
- Enjoy the many restaurants, cafes and pubs
- Enjoy the birdsong from the trees surrounding the Coach House
- Go badger watching on the farm (April to September) and also look out for deer, owls, buzzards and hares
- Visit the amazing seal colony at Donna Nook - over 1700 seal pups are born every November/December
- Visit Mablethorpe Seal Sanctuary and Wildlife Park
- Visit one of Lincolnshire Wildlife Trust's many nature reserves
- Mablethorpe North End has a large sandy beach great for playing in summer and walking in winter
- Cleethorpes has a large beach, traditional arcades and amusements and Grimsby fish and chips!
- Rimac Nature Reserve has lovely orchids in May/June and an easy access trail
- Visit Skegness for a true seaside experience!
- Visit Lincoln Castle to walk the castle walls and see the Magna Carta and Victorian Prison
- At Lincoln's beautiful cathedral you can join a tour of the roof or towers
- Explore the shops and cafes on 'Steep Hill'
- Visit Doddington Hall for gardens, a farm shop and cafe
- Lincolnshire Aviation Heritage Centre has a museum and Lancaster Bombers (book early for a taxi ride!)
- Follow an Aviation Heritage Trail - visit airfields, RAF stations and memorials
- Visit the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight at RAF Coningsby. Guided tours of the Lancaster, Spitfires, Hurricanes, Dakota and Chipmunks are available
- The Red Arrows are based at RAF Scampton, the former home of the Dambusters. Tours of Scampton Heritage Centre are available by arrangement